Women's Budget Group, London, United Kingdom
|Women's Budget Group, London, United Kingdom|
|Street address:||1-3 Berry Street|
|Location coordinates:||51° 31' 24" N, 0° 6' 1" W|
|Organization type:||Women's network (network/coalition of people or organizations)|
|Sectors:||Economic Empowerment, Empowerment|
The WBG brings together feminist economists, researchers, policy experts and activists to work towards our vision of a gender equal society in which women's financial independence gives them greater autonomy at work, home, and in civil society.
The WBG works towards its vision by:
- Developing analysis and leading debate on:
- The gender implications of economic policy
- The social dimensions of economic policy
- Incorporating a consideration of the unpaid economy into economic policy
- How economic policy might free women and men from stereotypes;
- Raising awareness and expanding understanding within the UK Ministry of Finance and other policy makers and opinion formers on the gender implications of economic policy;
- Promoting, encouraging and enabling the use of gender mainstreaming and in particular gender budget analysis; and
- Contributing to and learning from international learning and progress on the application of gender budget analysis.